Fashion Forecasting/ Studing Fashion and Trends from around the World

Hello Everyone,
And thank you for Reading

My name is  Que Aka Rasta Empress
I'm a Fashion Major in Retail/Merchandising

I have always had a passion for fashion but just didn't fully know what direction I wanted to go. I love designing but not sewing I can sew and Have custom designed many things for myself an others such as Damian Marley and I also made NAS a custom t-shirt.

How ever this is not  what I would like to spend my time doing being a seamstress is very stressful work so I do not do seamstress work altering making prom dresses or garments.

But I do reconstruction work so I take already made garments and custom design or personalize. For example I take vintage jean jackets and spray paint an add additional designs on them. This is just one of my many fashion hobbies.

How ever it is not my ultimate goal.

Becoming a Trend Forecaster is my final and dream job in the Fashion industry. So I finally figured out How I will start taking steps towards achieving this goal and its starting with this Blog.

Being a Trend forecaster means to travel and study trends and Fashion in different areas.So since I'm not fully on the page of traveling out of the country Like I want I deiced to take this journey through Pictures  and Video until I can make the trips.

My first stop will be the Mother of ALL creations Africa being that this continent is the largest the most colorful and interesting this destination will be covered  until I completely cover the entire continent. 

So from Now on his blog will be covering African Fashion.

 For the past few months there have been one place that the color combination an design style caught my eye  Soweto,Gauteng South Africa.

So stay tuned in an Share with others because this will be an exciting journey through truth what I mean by that is Our Fashion is very laid back and conservative in America we randomly step outside the box and allow our creative side to kick in with or everyday clothes its only if we our going to an event or there is some special occasion when we ... "Dress Up" but in Africa they start their day off how they Feel Bold and Bright.

Also there are a lot of things In America we unknowingly pick up from Africa and now its time to Shine light on the truth that Africa is always one step ahead of us in Fashion,Dance,Music etc.

Follow me on Instagram @Rastaempress_creations 

Comments

Popular Posts